UIDAI on August 10 tweeted, “Dear Resident, the Address Validation Letter facility has been discontinued until further notice. Kindly request your address update using another valid PoA document from the list.” The Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) have withdrawn its service of availing the residents to change their address on Aadhaar card in absence of any proof. From now on, the people who will to update their address have to submit any of the 32 documents mentioned to get the necessary changes done.
One can follow the following Steps to change the address in Aadhaar card:
- Log in to your account using your credentials at ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
- Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar.’
- Enter your 12-digit UID number.
- Enter the Captcha code.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP.’
- Enter the OTP that will be sent to the registered/linked phone number and Email.
- Click on ‘Log In.
- Enter the details of your Aadhaar card.
- Out of the list of 32 documents ascertaining your address proof and proof of identity, select any one of them.